In this episode of the Video Insiders Podcast, Tom and Carlos reflect on what happened on YouTube in 2018 as well as their predictions for the platform in 2019.
Looking back, we discuss what happened on YouTube in 2018:
- Additional Changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) to Better Protect Creators
- Saying goodbye to YouTube Red and Hello to YouTube Premium
- YouTube to Make New Originals Available for Free
- Facebook Watch Still Looking For Its Audience
What we see happening on YouTube in 2019.
- YouTube increasingly enforcing its platform terms and conditions.
- YouTube videos are going long and a Hollywood invasion.
- YouTube deprioritized UGC uploads in the algorithm.
- Google will try to leverage Famebit and find other ways to make more from creators.
Show notes: Read Greg Jarboe’s article on Video Changing Traditional Media
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders here and subscribe!
A big thank you to TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners!
Podcast Music by Planets Collide
Podcast production and editing: Joe Pacheco