This week we’re joined by Ron Tite. Ron is the award-winning Founder and CEO of Toronto-based agency, Church & State.
He’s worked with massive brands such as Evian, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Hershey, and many more. Ron has been recognized by The London International Marketing Awards, The Canadian Marketing Association, The Marketing Awards, and far too many others to list here.
Ron stopped by the studio to chat with us about agency life, changing the agency model with Church & State and his latest book, Think. Do. Say: Building Personal and Organizational Momentum in a Busy, Busy World.
A big thanks to Ron Tite for taking the time and visiting us.
Here’s what we talked about:
- [1:06] – Introducing Ron Tite.
- [2:53] – Church & State and what is the golden suitcase?
- [10:19] – Did Ron change the agency model?
- [13:25] – Changing the agency model. How did Ron position Church & State as different?
- [21:00] – The idea behind Think, Do, Say.
- [26:54] – Ron’s Next Book title.
- [29:00] – The Think, Do, Say podcast.
- [30:30] – Disruptors want to become the establishment.
- [34:03] – Are new direct to consumer brands are marketing experiments?
- [38:05] – How marketers ruin everything
- [43:40] – What is a “Pitch Slap”?
- [45:56] – How influencers have become the ultimate pitch slappers.
- [51:45] – What we lose with efficiencies and analytics.
- [54:30] – Why failure shouldn’t be embraced / creativity should become predictability.
- [57:30] – Leading versus lagging indicators and setting benchmarks.
Show notes and links:
- Order Ron’s book Think, Do, Say – https://amzn.to/2tRJSJw
- Follow Ron on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rontite
- Think, Do, Say Podcast: http://thinkdosay.com
- The Coup Podcast: https://frequencypodcastnetwork.com/podcasts/the-coup/
- Over 3000 assaults in Ubers in 2019: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.5387218/3-000-sexual-assaults-reported-in-uber-rides-last-year-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-says-lawyer-1.5387224
- Away suitcase employees describe toxic environment: https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/5/20995453/away-luggage-ceo-steph-korey-toxic-work-environment-travel-inclusion
- Ron Tite On Think Do Say – This Week’s Six Pixels of Separation Podcast: https://www.sixpixels.com/articles/archives/ron-tite-on-think-do-say-this-weeks-six-pixels-of-separation-podcast/
Thanks for listening, we hope you enjoyed this episode. Make sure to follow Tara at @missrogue & Carlos @carlospache_co. You can also check out Tara’s YouTube channel; it has over 200 videos on digital strategy and online audience building.
Anatomy of a Strategy podcast is recorded in Toronto, Canada in the offices of Truly Inc. Produced by Carlos Pacheco and Tara Hunt. Podcast editing by Joe Pacheco.