This week we’re joined on the show by Christopher S. Penn. He considered an authority on analytics, digital marketing, and marketing technology. As well as publishing over a dozen books, he is also recognized as a keynote speaker and thought leader. He is a 2019 IBM Champion in IBM Analytics, a Brand24 Top 100 Digital Marketer, and co-founder of the PodCamp Conference.
Penn is the Co-Founder and Chief Data Scientist at Trust Insights. Trust insights want to make the world a better place by helping companies unlock and transform their data into useful analysis, valuable insights, and actionable strategies.
On top of all the work Chris does, he is a proficient content creator, he co-hosts one of the top marketing podcast, Marketing Over Coffee with John Wall discuss marketing tactics, methods, strategies, and much more.
Topics discussed on the show:
- What is data science, and what does a Chief Data Scientist do
- How can brands better track attribution?
- Google Analytics and other methods
- Discovering trends from social platform data
- ‘Owned’ platforms vs ‘rented’ platforms
- How big of a role do you think data should play in setting your marketing strategy?
- Measuring a brand
A big thank you to Christopher for taking the time to chat with us!
You can also check out Tara’s YouTube channel; it has over 200 videos on digital strategy and online audience building.
Truly Inc. is a digital strategy and insights agency based in Toronto, Canada. Visit our website trulyinc.com.