Why is this so important to talk about here? What does this have to do with strategy? Well, as Geraldine says during our discussion:
“I think that there are certain companies that are struggling to figure out how to reach certain demographic groups, and part of that is because they have no one in that group at all represented at any point in their company.”
The missing link over and over again in marketing is that, all too often, we sit in an ivory tower and come up with ideas and campaigns in our boardrooms…boardrooms where only a small sliver of our audience is represented (if that!).
This is a very important conversation and we hope you enjoy!
- Geraldine on Twitter
- Geraldine’s Blog
- Geraldine’s fantastic award-winning article, “I Made the Pizza Cinnamon Rolls from Mario Batali’s Sexual Misconduct Apology Letter”
- The List of James Beard Award Winners
- The Tweet from Geraldine’s husband, Rand Fishkin that captured her elation right after she found out she won
- Her follow up tweet, which was even more fun
- Nilofer Merchant discussing the importance of Onlyness in creating innovation
- Nilofer on AOAS
- Cindy Gallop in AOAS
- Why Won’t Twitter Treat White Supremacy Like ISIS? Because It Would Mean Banning Some Republican Politicians Too. (Vice)
- Sleeping Giants
ALSO! She didn’t mention this on the show (but did mention that she’s terrible at self-promotion, so there’s that), but she just published a book: All Over The Place: Adventures in Travel, True Love, and Petty Theft
You can also check out Tara’s YouTube channel, it has over 200 videos on digital strategy and online audience building.
Truly Inc. is a digital strategy and insights agency based in Toronto, Canada. Visit our website: https://trulyinc.com