Kade Dworkin has been around the YouTube ecosystem almost since the start. Working at places like Revision3 and the early days of VaynerMedia he’s seen it all. He joins Tom with some reminiscing on the early days as well as what he’s focussed right now with closed captions and his new project WHEN WAS THAT SAID tool that helps finds exactly what is said in video content and completely blew our minds!
Here’s the episode timeline:
- 01:00 – Carlos’ weather report.
- 03:40 – Sponsor message – TubeBuddy
- 05:35 – Tom’s Kade Dworkin introduction.
- 07:45 – Is Kade Dworkin a real name?
- 09:30 – How Kade’s career brought him to YouTube.
- 12:25 – Kade’s journey as a YouTube creator.
- 15:45 – Kade’s experience as an early employee of Gare Vee and Vayner Media.
- 20:32 – What CaptionsCreated handles closed captions differently.
- 23:25 – Why closed captions are so important.
- 32:16 – When Was That Said?
- 44:38 – How to get access to When Was That Said tool. Exclusive VIP link!
- 47:05 – What’s next…Kade’s list of brilliant ideas.
- 54:08 – Closing comments and insights on Tom’s chat with Kade.
- Where to follow Kade Dworkin, on Twitter at @KadeDworkin and on Linkedin.
- WhereWasThatSaid.com and don’t forget our special VideoInsiders link.
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders.fm here and subscribe.
Thanks to our friends at TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners.
Follow Tom at @channel_fuel and Carlos at @carlospache_co on Twitter.
If you’re a creator or media company looking for help building YouTube channels, managing content ID or need YouTube coaching you can reach Tom at http://channelfuel.com or Carlos at http://pachworkrights.com
Podcast Music by Planets Collide and podcast editing by Joe Pacheco