We’re on week 8 of lockdown and like many out there we’re dealing with cabin fever and anxiety of what’s happening but keeping-on in an effort to keep our minds busy and counting ourselves very lucky to be working.
Taking a break from the interview show we decided to record a quick update on us and discuss how the pandemic affected YouTube monetization as well as Carlos’ insights that were used in Chris Stokel Walker’s article concerning ad rates fluctuations caused by advertisers cutting back during the pandemic.
- One Zero’s As YouTube Traffic Soars, YouTubers Say Pay Is Plummeting
- Chris Stokel Walker’s book – Youtubers: How Youtube Shook up TV and Created a New Generation of Stars – https://amzn.to/3gGRyCgv
Some past episodes that we mentioned during the show that you might want to listen to.
- Not So Little Monster of YouTube Audiences
- Creating a SAfe Streaming Environment for Kids with Kidoodle’s Brenda Bisner
- Tubular Trends with Denis Crushell
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders.fm here and subscribe.
Thanks to our friends at TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners.
If you’re a creator or media company looking for help building YouTube channels, managing content ID or need YouTube coaching, you can reach Tom at http://channelfuel.com or Carlos at http://pachworkrights.com