We’re very happy to welcome the OG of video SEO Mark Robertson.
Mark was one of the very first SEO industry leaders to go all-in on digital video and the first to coin the phrase “social video marketing”. He was the founder and CEO or REELSEO.com, Currently the advisory board member and Industry Editorial Director at VidCon.
We’ve been fans of Mark for years so we’re humbled that he took the time to talk with us.
Here’s a rundown of the podcast:
- [00:45] – What’s keeping us busy
- [7:40] Who is Mark Robertson
- [9:40] Mark Robertson’s interview
- [10:40] Just how much has the YouTube ecosystem changed since ReelSEO started.
- [13:40] – What really excites Mark in the ecosystem.
- [21:20] – Thoughts on TikTok and Byte’s launch.
- [27:10] – Mark’s work with VidCon
- [33:20] – Mark’s thoughts on the last few years and what’s shaping up in 2020.
- [41:30] – Why does YouTube keep staying strong?
- [54:45] – Tom and Carlos’ closing comments
Here’s where you can follow Mark Robertson online:
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders.fm here and subscribe.
Thanks to our friends at TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners.
Follow Tom at @channel_fuel and Carlos at @carlospache_co on Twitter.
If you’re a creator or media company looking for help building YouTube channels, managing content ID or need YouTube coaching you can reach Tom at http://channelfuel.com or Carlos at http://pachworkrights.com
Podcast Music by Planets Collide and podcast editing by Joe Pacheco