Welcome to a new corona-times Video Insiders podcast episode. This week we welcome Denis Crushell to the show to talk trends and analytics.
Denis is the international managing director at Tubular Labs stands head and shoulders above the competition in terms of web video analytics.
Tubular Labs is a real-time video analytics platform that analyses the engagement across millions of online video viewers and tracks billions of videos across platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
Similar to Google Analytics, Nielsen, ComScore, or BARB for the social video on the web.
Denis has an impressive career path with tons of experience on web analytics and YouTube. Before he was the international managing director at Tubular Labs Denis was the head of sponsorships at YouTube and at Google account manager.
Here are some of the subjects that Denis talks to Tom during the show.
- Why YouTube is still dominant and what would it take for a video platform to surpass its popularity.
- How Tubular deals with measurement when viewing activity is often not is the intended audience or a parent’s account.
- How YouTube’s audience is still growing in Europe and other countries and media companies are increasingly investing in the platform.
- How Covid-19 has changed content consumption and viewership behavior. What kind of content is being uploaded and watched more during the pandemic?
…and much more.
A bit thanks Denis for taking the time to come to the show. Here are some of the links to the Tubular insights and research guides that were mentioned in the show.
- Denis’ presentation from VidCon London on the 2020 Social Video Trends & Insights Across Europe. https://tubularlabs.com/research-guides/vidcon-london-2020-social-video-trends-insights-across-europe/
- Here are all of Tubular’s Covid-19 insights research papers: https://tubularlabs.com/research-guides/
- Finally, you can follow or reach out to Denis on Linkedin. https://www.linkedin.com/in/denis-crushell-96921417/
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders.fm here and subscribe.
Thanks to our friends at TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners.
If you’re a creator or media company looking for help building YouTube channels, managing content ID or need YouTube coaching, you can reach Tom at http://channelfuel.com or Carlos at http://pachworkrights.com