It’s September, which means summer is officially over and the video insiders are back with a new podcast.
This week Tom and Carlos discuss the types of content that dominate on YouTube. The episode was inspired by a blog post called What content dominates on YouTube? written by Rasty Turek who is the founder and PEX.
PEX bills itself as a global video & music search engine and have some data on the content that dominates YouTube.
Here’s what was discussed during the episode:
- The new statistics regarding the number of hours being uploaded on YouTube. According to PEX it’s now over 600 hours per minute.
- We’re about to hit peak unique uploaders in the next few years.
- What content is really popping? There might be a lot of gaming content but it’s not really being watched.
- No surprise for many that music by far the most viewed per average upload.
- Entertainment actually has the highest percentage of views and what does this mean? What actionable steps can we make?
Enjoy the show!
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders.fm here and subscribe.
Thanks to our friends at TubeBuddy for supporting the show. You can use the same pro tools that YouTube professionals like we do to manage multiple channels. Click here for a special offer for Video Insider listeners.